Supporting Door County Parents & Caregivers
Connecting families by providing resource referrals, information and support.
Who Can Use Community Connections?
Any Door County, Wisconsin family seeking answers to ANY questions relevant to living in Door County and raising children.
A family is defined as any household where there is a pregnancy or at least one parent / caregiver and child.
What You Should Know…
What is Community Connections?
Community Connections offers free support by matching your family with a Community Connector who can provide information, peer support and help you navigate Door County services if need be.
Who is a Community Connector?
A Community Connector is someone who:
- Resides in Door County, Wisconsin
- Has same or similar life experience
- Has received support from Door County service providers
- Knows how to advocate for their family
Community Connections Process…
Family Engagement Meeting
The Community Connector will contact your family to arrange a family engagement meeting. During this meeting the Community Connector will describe in more detail what Community Connections is all about, what their role as a Community Connector is and how your family can benefit.
Depending on your family’s current needs, the Community Connector will offer to make appropriate referrals to service providers based on your level of comfort.
The Community Connector will follow up with your family to check in and see if there is any further support that can be offered.
Examples of Community Connections Outcomes…
- General Resource information
- Basic Needs Referrals (food, housing, insurance, employment, childcare, etc)
- Mental Health & Other Service Referrals
- Leadership & Community Engagement Opportunities
Other family supports available…
- Community Connector can attend service provider appointments with you
- Family Achievement Plan development and implementation
- Parent engagement, education and leadership opportunities
I am interested in being matched with a Community Connector
If you would just like more information or would rather not fill out an online form, please feel free to email or call.