DCPCF Proudly Offers Triple P - Positive Parenting Program®
Is this you?
Most of the time, parenting is great fun. You know you are doing a good job. But there are times when things get a little tricky. Like when your toddler won’t eat her dinner. Or your six year old won’t pick up his toys. Maybe your child never seems to listen. If only someone could give you some ideas to make those times easier! If this sounds like you, then Triple P Seminars may suit.
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program® is an evidence-based parenting program developed research that is ongoing and built on 35 years of data. Triple P gives parents strategies to support strengthening families and adjust their children’s current behaviors while preventing problem behaviors from developing.
What is Triple P?
The three Ps in ‘Triple P’ stand for ‘Positive Parenting Program’. It is an international program that has helped thousands of families worldwide and across the United States by making parenting easier and more enjoyable.
It offers strategies to help parents handle challenging behaviors, including:
• Temper tantrums
• Bedtime/mealtime struggles
• Homework and chores
• Lying and swearing
What does Triple P Do?
Triple P helps take the guesswork out of parenting. Which means your family life is going to be much more enjoyable.
Triple P helps you:
• Raise happy, confident kids
• Manage misbehavior so everyone in the family enjoys life more
• Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
• Encourage behavior you like
• Take care of yourself as a parent
• Feel confident you’re doing the right thing
Triple P also helps parents learn new skills to:
• Reduce the stress of parenting
• Set realistic expectations
• Balance work and family
• Feel more confident
• Take time for themselves
We offer (3) FREE Seminars available in person and online:
Seminar 1: Positive Parenting
Practitioners introduce parents to the
five key principles of positive parenting
that form the basis of Triple P. These
- Ensuring a safe engaging
- Creating a positive learning
- Using assertive discipline
- Having reasonable expectations
- Looking after yourself as a parent
Seminar 2: Raising Confident, Competent Children
In this seminar, parents are introduced to six core building blocks for children to become confident and successful at school and beyond. These competencies
- Showing respect to others
- Being considerate
- Having good communication and
- Having healthy self-esteem
- Being a good problem solver
- Becoming independent
Seminar 3: Raising Resilient Children
Parents are introduced to six core building blocks for children to manage their feelings and become resilient in dealing with life stress. These competencies are:
- Recognizing and accepting
- Expressing feelings appropriately
- Building a positive outlook
- Developing coping skills
- Dealing with negative feelings
- Dealing with stressful life events
To attend a session click on an upcoming training event.
Chad Welch is our Community Impact Coordinator for Education. He is a certified trainer in the Triple P curriculum and is eager to share the Triple P knowledge with Parents and Caregivers of Door County children. The DCPC offerings are all FREE of charge. If you have any questions, Chad can be reached at (920) 421-3146 or email@example.com