For Ages 0-12 Months:
- Find somewhere quiet, away from noise, TV and cell phones.
- Take time to look at and talk about the pictures.
- It doesn’t matter if your baby chews the books to start with. Soon they’ll help you turn the pages.
For Ages 3-4 Years:
- Ask questions when you’re reading such as: “What can you see on this page?” or “How do you think the characters feel?”
- Ask your child to tell the story. They can “read” the pictures to you and tell you what’s happening.
- If you feel comfortable, try making funny faces or character voices.
For Ages 4-6 Years:
- When you’re finished reading with your child, ask them how they feel about the book.
- What did they like?
- What didn’t they like?
- What can they remember about what happened?
Who was their favorite character? Why?