Door County Partnership for Children and Families
Friday, September 9, 2016
- Collaboration Committee: The collaboration committee sent out a survey to providers to better understand what trainings they are interested in. The survey also asked providers if they would be interested in a collaborative calendar. This calendar would be used to promote trainings. Vicki D. presented the partnership with survey results. The survey showed that providers would be highly interested in a collaborative calendar.
- Parent Education Committee-
- 20 Sturgeon Bay Elementary Teachers and several staff members from local agencies were trained in I Can Problem Solve (ICPS) in August. There will be a train the trainer for ICPS in December, so the individuals trained can train other school districts.
- Raising a Thinking Child (RTC) will begin on October 3rd. It is an 8 week program offered to Sturgeon Bay Kindergarten parents at Sunset School. Free meals and childcare are offered at every session. If you would be available to volunteer your time please contact Tenley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a new Mom’s Group that is meeting every Thursday from 11:00-12:30 at the Door County Yoga Studio on 4th Avenue.
- The next step for the committee is to work on a survey directed only for parents of children ages 0-5, and organize the Parent Cafes with the Mom’s Group.
- Door County Library Community Resources page- Beth L. informed the partnership that the website is not getting the number of views it hoped for. Since the start of the website there have been 831 views. The committee will continue to update the website and brainstorm ideas to get more views. It would be helpful to show people and clients the site.
- Marketing Committee- The committee has three main goals.
- Website- The marketing committee has teamed up with Rebecca Davis. Rebecca has created the doorcountyparents.com website. The website includes information on family fun, parent connections, parent education, community resources, and door county events.
- Facebook page- Rebecca has also created a Facebook page which the committee is partnering with as well (https://www.facebook.com/doorcountyparents/). The Facebook page, as well as the website, will be a great way to advertise for parent events.
- Recruit more males- We really would like the input of more males, as well as fathers. Please continue to spread the word about the Partnership.
- Executive Committee-
- Hiring Updates- The committee held one round of interviews, but they didn’t get the results they hoped for. They are currently in their second round of interviews and are very hopeful. They are hoping to have a coordinator hired by October.
- Funding Updates- The Women’s Fund has awarded the Partnership a $2,000 grant and the Door County Community Foundation has awarded a $4,000 grant to be used in 2016.
- If interested in joining any committee please contact the chairs:
Collaboration Committee- Vicki Dantoin (email@example.com)
Parent Education Committee- Tenley Koehler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Community Resources Committee- Beth Lokken (email@example.com)
Marketing Committee- Matt Luders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The next meeting will be December 9th at 8:15 a.m. in the Multipurpose Room of the Justice Center.
There will be an update from all of the committees, and a demonstration of the Door County Parents