Here we are, week four dealing with COVID-19. While staying home and practicing social distancing, families have a golden opportunity to talk with one another. Here are some conversation starter ideas to last a week. Make sure each person has a chance to answer.
Number these topics 1-7 and ask one of the children to pick a number. The parent/caregiver then answers the question.
- What food do you hate?
- What is your favorite family celebration?
- What is easiest about being a parent? What’s hardest?
- What is something you think is really special about me?
- What would be a boring vacation?
- When you were little, what got you in trouble with grandma and grandpa?
- What is something you’d like to do more often with me?
Number these topics 1-7 and the parent/caregiver picks a number. The children then answer the question.
- What is one thing you could do to really help our family?
- Tell us what things make you feel loved.
- When I feel sad, I need…………… (Fill in the blank)
- Who is your best friend and why?
- What could you do to make the world a better place?
- If you could have an animal as a pet, what would it be?
What was the very best thing that happened to you today?