Here we are, another week dealing with COVID-19. While staying home and practicing social distancing, families have a golden opportunity to talk with one another. Here are some conversation starter ideas to last a week. Make sure each person has a chance to answer.
Number these topics 1-7 and ask one of the children to pick a number. The parent/caregiver then answers the question.
- When you were my age, what did you want to be when you grow up?
- What was one thing that you did as a kid that made you happiest?
- What was one thing you did as a kid that made your parents proud of you?
- Did you take family vacations as a kid? Where did you go? How did you get there?
- Who was your best friend growing up? Tell us one of your favorite stories about things you did together.
- Who was your favorite teacher? Why were they your favorite?
- If you could make a new law, what would it be? Why?
Number these topics 1-7 and the parent/caregiver picks a number. The children then answer the question.
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- If you could have any job, what job would it be and why do you think you would like it?
- If you could invite 3 famous people to dinner (past or present), who would they be and why?
- What is the one thing that should be invented to make your life easier and more enjoyable?
- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go and what would you do?
- What do you like best about life?
- Tell us about your favorite memory.