Triple P: Raising Resilient Children (in-person)
December 20 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Seminar 3: Raising Resilient Children
Parents are introduced to six core building blocks for children to manage their feelings and become resilient in dealing with life stress. These competencies are:
- Recognizing and accepting
- Expressing feelings appropriately
- Building a positive outlook
- Developing coping skills
- Dealing with negative feelings
- Dealing with stressful life events
Is this you?
Most of the time, parenting is great fun. You know you are doing a good job. But there are times when things get a little tricky. Like when your toddler won’t eat her dinner. Or your six year old won’t pick up his toys. Maybe your child never seems to listen. If only someone could give you some ideas to make those times easier! If this sounds like you, then Triple P Seminars may suit.
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program® is an evidence-based parenting program developed research that is ongoing and built on 35 years of data. Triple P gives parents strategies to support strengthening families and adjust their children’s current behaviors while preventing problem behaviors from developing.
The Triple P program is built on five principles:
- Safe, interesting environments
- Positive learning environments
- Assertive discipline
- Realistic expectations
- Taking care of yourself as a parent
Triple P offers parenting info and tips in four main areas:
- Developing positive relationships
- Encouraging good behavior
- Teaching children new behaviors and skills
- Managing misbehavior
Triple P is evidence-based, helps parents and children bond, and helps our community by supporting parents.